Thursday, January 12, 2023

A course on life

 I was inspired by the idea of having courses on death to design a course on life. Not sure if I am a suitable person for teaching such a course, but I can maybe work on the outline.

Ultimately life is finite and this is the most important constraint, so we have to be mindful of the time we have. You should be optimizing for happiness and satisfaction, if you are a normal person. Someone recently pointed out that happiness is a mixture of short term-being happy in the moment- and long term-building the life you want.

Sadness and grief are fine as emotions but as Z highlighted, I get mood swings when I think of working. Ultimately it is the self module that needs to be strengthened. I should be able to bargain with myself to do things I do not want. Right now I have a task which sucks but then I'm also going to a session for local poetry in the evening and I expect it to be great fun. These are the kind of things for which one lives.

Also, I realized today that one needs a spray or serum to control frizz and that's it.

Yesterday, I realized what a neurips reviewer told me 1.5 years ago. I feel smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment