Monday, March 21, 2011

The Lord Of the Flies-And How much I loathe hardware

I loathe working on hardware, even in a simulator.
Debugging it is, like, finding a needle in a bundle of hay.
Thats enough for now.I have to hand it over in a day or two, so I should not think about its virtues or lack thereof.
As I mentioned before, The Lord of the Flies turned out to be exceptionally well. It narrates the life of a group of boys, stuck on an island.
The basic idea the writer conveys is that human beings are, basically, the same as the were a couple of million of years ago. Their instincts have failed to evolve, and it is so very natural for them to revert to savage life. All the civilization could not do much to them. Unchecked by law, they do exactly as they please.
There is just one thing, stuck at the back of my mind. I just can not help thinking that had there been some of the XX gender on the island, there would have been some compassion.

15 comments:

  1. i feel XX gender can be very malicious once let loose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mahlaqa No doubt:D
    Thing is, the guys in that book just could not help it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debugging is actually the worst labor in this world. In fact we should be treated like poor labors on the 1st May this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the lord of the flies had girls in it? interesting question. I would also like to know what it would be like if there were all girls instead of all boys. They would still be savage, I think.

    BTW lord of the flies as the top post, and a Hobbit reference in your about me? I like you already, Spook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you missed my bday spooks!!! and wrote about lord of makhian instead

    un-be-lie-vable

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOTF is a masterpiece, and one of its kind book. What I found particularly fascinating is the metaphorical significance of the conch, and what its possession meant to an individual concerned.

    (Thanks for being a follower)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @bakedsunshine They would have been able to keep the smoke up efficiently, I thought.
    I found another Hobbit fan!*jumping up and down*

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Saima I know its no excuse, but I just can't remember them.
    May I wish you a happy one now? Plus, I hope you spend your next one away from evil influences.
    May your coolness never grow less.
    I hope I am forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Liar welcome to my place, and a lot of thanks for following.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girls on the LOTF island,hmm. It would've been a very different story for sure.

    Which character did you like the most? For me it was Simon, the dreamer kid I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha..hardware and softwares both are equally loathable (guess there is no word as loathable in dictionary though)..

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Taimur I don't think I particularly liked any character, it was the idea that captivated me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. interesting write up.

    keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. now i have to read lord of the flies

    ReplyDelete