Monday, February 13, 2023

Poets and Quants

 McK said yes.

I feel humbled and I feel infinite gratitude. I am indebted to so many people for helping me shape my life the way I wanted. N, Z, Abhi, S for their continuous and always positive support. My family for being there at any cost and in any scenario. 

I can think of quite a few things I am going to do for both our families, for the kids in our families, for a few causes that are close to my heart- education, female empowerment and languages. 

All my life, people have told me that I was wrong. Dead wrong. Not just in my calculation, but in my way of calculations. The way I thought about things. The way I looked at things. Society gaslighted me left right and center.

It was only when I went to grad school that I started seeing things in perspective, and realized that maybe I wasn't wrong about everything after all. My life after coming back was one difficult war, but I actually came out a different and super resilient person.

I like studying cause and effect. This has been my lifelong pursuit.

I think I have things to do. No time to waste.

Abhi thinks it sounds fairy-tale-ish that I applied to just one place, and that place was McK, and they said yes. On my part, I feel more satisfied and relieved than blissful.

Surprisingly, I feel no negativity. I do not feel 'relieved' to get a chance to run from my current situation. I have learned to love the current moment. As I was just lecturing Z, life is an incredibly rich and complex phenomenon, something that none of us can grasp fully. We, the poets and the writers, try but fail mightily. But even in our failure, we retain a very nuanced view of life, as compared to the democratic point of view.

Still, my main feeling is gratitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment