Monday, January 4, 2021

Waiting for emails like Godot

So it is 4th Jan and I haven't heard back from anywhere which naturally means it is a no from the entire NLP community. Not that I have a single damn left to give at this point, but of course the idea is alive and well in my mind. Recently I have developed a strong case of it is what it is and the main issue is that I will have to make another plan at this point. It is going to be work but ah well can't escape work. Shouldn't, in fact.

I do not chide myself over anything now; there are far too many people to do that in that world. Mostly I chill. Of course low temperature can make one numb and I suspect this is what has been happening to me. I am tired of the whole world lusting after the one thing on which I set my sights but that is a story for another day.

The trick is to read a NO and go back to studying statistics, but I wish I was as hardy as that. I'll spare my own feelings and stay away from potential sources of NO.

I can personally complain all day long but observing other people is always an interesting phenomenon. People obsess over admissions-everyone does. However most of them are probably 8 years younger and thus another specie altogether. Most of them are bound to be in a better position in life though, but that is an irrelevant metric.

I don't know, life is empty but fine. Things are fine by definition, for as long as they are. Overthinking is for those who can't do, I guess. Still, the allure of checking gradcafe is strooooong. At times I do feel like playing a guessing game about the order of rejections(because what else) but it isn't fun enough. I had decided to live like a hermit till Sept but Sept is not going to arrive in Sept and might extend 5 years, who knows. Ah well the correct counter argument is, who cares.

Absolutely no one.

I have mixed feelings about my work on active learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment