Saturday, January 2, 2021

A peaceful saturday and a possible flu

 I discovered my red nail polish and I am very ambiguous about the shade. The day was nice for a change-probably I have calibrated myself well to continuous zalalat-but I have a slightly sore throat and I just hope it does not develop into full blown flu.

I am waiting for rejections but they are usually slow so I don't even have anything to look forward to.

I have serious backup plans to make, but I don't even have an inkling of where to start.

Ah well I will figure it out. In the meantime, I have some decision theory to study.

All along, I have been right and people have been-silly. Ah well people are people, can't expect them to understand anything beyond their own petty interests.

I have petty interests too, but I'm unable to take care of them, so poor them are just left in the void fending for themselves. 

Depending upon me is always a bad idea.

For fourteen programs, if I guess the order in which I am going to get rejected from them, what would be the probability of me being right?

What is the probability of me being right, ever? Exactly zero.

Exactly.

Still one stupid letter left.

I am also reading an interesting story. 

Man, age makes one mellow.

There should be a glue for nails. Natural.

Er Turan makes for nice background music for study.

I am rather tired of one thing after another holding me back. I am done with it. However, as with most of my decisions, this one is not very likely to get translated into anything.

I don't know what is the thing with principles. People usually don't have any. Most of the ones they have are adopted on an ad hoc basis, to serve self interest. I have no issues with anyone acting in their self-interest, but I rather wish people would be upfront about it. As for me, I need them more for theoretical reasons than anything. Otherwise it becomes difficult to act independently all the time.

If only I could seriously study philosophy.

Well I can, if I want. Maybe I just don't want it enough. I am done with overthinking, and procrastination is next. Laziness and ignorance too. Being ignorant is inevitable, for there are infinite many things to know, but I am going to die fighting it.

Life requires a very specific level of intensity, one that I often have trouble regulating. Ah well, one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment