Thursday, July 28, 2022

Yet another identity crisis

 I have had a number of identity crises, but this one is the strangest one. Yet the same thing could have been said of every single one o'them. This, however, simply shows how one's superlatives evolve with time.

This one has been triggered partially by me being literally handicapped due to a core weakness and being unable to write tends to leave me frustrated. Writing is not something I would consider a core part of my identity (and no one should, in my opinion), but it provides an outlet for the extravagant ideas that otherwise keep simmering in one's conscious and subconscious. Recently it was advised that writing should follow a strict schedule in one's day; otherwise, simply waiting for the muse to show up is not going to lead to any output.

Output is important. Output matters. If I have learned anything recently, it is this. Not in the sense of showing it off to the world, but simply because it keeps one grounded by forcing one to shape ideas in a tangible and human form. Otherwise they tend to get quite abstract and the entire phenomenon is painful.

Unsaid thoughts and unexpressed feelings- they constitute a curious phenomenon. I'll think about this some other day.

Right now, I have relocated to the most god-forsaken and people populated city in probably the entire world. It is supposed to have great attractions for your average human, which I am unable to perceive through my small little eyes. My nose is being put to good use though- things here often stink. In fact that might be the only thing this city does- stink, stink and stick some more.

There is something to be said for writing technical papers. It forces one to think clearly and write linearly. And to develop a BS detector, although it keeps ringing 24/7 if you are lucky enough to be born in this society.

Society is something that fascinates me, since I have had a few dealings with it recently, what with being dragged all over the north. It was a lot of fun and I should write about it like a human being some time. I had a lovely time with N, except when I was dragged to meet friends and families.

Of friends and families. This, too, requires a post of its own.

I'll be sticking with society for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment